We know that it’s hard to follow Jesus alone. That’s why if you become a Christian, or live in the country, or simply want to pursue more of God after camp, CE wants to connect you with a coach.
Together you will engage in God’s story for 3 months after camp – through videos, worksheets, coaching sessions, and then close it all out with a weekend retreat.
Last year we linked 20+ campers and volunteers using Access the Story’s SEQUEL. We hope that in 2017 more campers will sign up as you choose to start the year off sinking into God’s story.
What participants have said –
“God’s story is more complex than I realised.” Leigh
“There were lots of questions that I had. It’s been really enlightening. It’s really helped me understand some of the stories and how God felt in some of those stories.” Chelsea
“It was really helpful to get into a pattern of reading my bible, which I was struggling with before.” Sam
“I’ve always known it, deep down, but I’ve just rediscovered the importance of having a relationship and taking that time. He’s amazing… He’s really there!” Sarah
“I’ve loved being brought back to engaging with God’s word as a story.” Tim
The CE State Board is sponsoring campers and leaders $50 towards the cost of SEQUEL if they –
- are from the country (150km+ away from Mount Barker) OR
- show financial need (tell us before 30 January, in 200 words or less, why $50 sponsorship would help you, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your $50 sponsorship has been approved simple pay $50 less of the total cost for Sequel and CE will cover the rest.
Past, present and future volunteers are invited to celebrate Christian Endeavour in SA at the CE Launch, Thursday, 28 July at Grace Kensington (formally St Matt’s). Gather at 6pm for a shared meal (provided) and stay on to:
- pray, worship & hear testimonies
- honour long term volunteers
- grab camp promo
- sign up for another year
- hear how we can support you
- learn what’s new
It will be a great chance to introduce future leaders to the CE community so please consider inviting over 18’s who have a passion for children’s or youth ministry, including developing leaders.
For catering purposes please rsvp to email@example.com or click ‘going’ on the facebook event by Monday 25 July.
We love that over 20 CE-ers spent the first 3 months of the year sinking into God’s story through AccesstheStory‘s Sequel.
People from Arno Bay, the South East and interstate (oh, and Adelaide!) stepped – sat – walked – and spoke out God’s story through mixed media, coaching sessions and a retreat.
Pray with us. Ask God to –
- keep filling people with a hunger to know more of Him
- encourage people to go where Jesus goes … as they discover just where that is while reading His story
- bless AccesstheStory as they invite people to engage with a God who loves them
Hear what the participants and coaches have to say.
And start thinking about whether that’s how you want to start 2017.
CE is sponsoring Senior campers and volunteers who sign up for Access the Story’s Sequel. Find out more about Sequel here.
- We want campers to continue their journey with Jesus by moving through God’s story
- We want to see volunteers walk alongside campers for 3 months of coaching
- Following Jesus isn’t meant to be done alone, and we know Sequel can encourage those who often miss out on Christian community – especially country campers and those from small churches
- We want to honour and give recognition to the time and energy volunteers give to campers through coaching
What do you invest?
- 3 months of your time (weekly clip + worksheet / 2 face-to-face coaching sessions / weekend retreat)
- Campers $200
- Volunteers $150
What sponsorship is available?
The CE State Board will contribute to the cost of Sequel for:
- any country camper wanting to sign up ($50 each)
- up to 10 campers who find themselves without and let us know in 50 words or less – maybe they’re without money or without community (eg from a small church with no youth group) ($50 each)
- up to 10 volunteers who tell us in 50 words or less why they want to be a coach and why the money will help ($50 each)
Contact us with questions.
Campers can step off camp with a coach to help them follow Jesus all year round.
We’re partnering with Access the Story again to give campers the chance to have 3 months of coaching. They’ll move through God’s story by engaging in a mix of online responses, coaching sessions and a retreat.
We’re looking for volunteers who are you willing to invest in a camper’s life. If that’s you, register as a coach.
Contact the CE Network who can help cover some costs.
Past, present and future volunteers are invited to celebrate 90 years of Christian Endeavour camps in SA at the CE Launch, Thursday, 30 July at St Bart’s (Norwood) (directions). Gather at 6pm for a shared meal (provided) and stay on for:
- prayer, worship, testimonies and supper
- recognise long term volunteers
- receive camp promo for your community
- be the first to hear about the Network scholarship
It will be a great chance to introduce future leaders to the CE community so please consider inviting people who have a passion for children’s or youth ministry, including developing leaders. Use facebook if that helps!
For catering purposes please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27 July.
SA Christian Endeavour has partnered with Access the Story to pilot sequel – an after camp experience to give campers the chance to keep exploring God’s story.
3 coaches and 4 campers are involved in the pilot this year. Pray that they know of a God who loves them and that He shows them more of what it means to follow Him with everything they have.
We look forward to hearing their story.
Eloise Lutz is in for a big year!
Having just finished year 12 she is heading to WA to do a DTS (Discipleship Training School) with YWAM.
She’s investing a lot of her own money and time … never mind moving interstate for 6 months … so the CE Network were excited to be able to give a $100 grant towards her lecture costs.
Read more about her plans, and why we love them, here.
Volunteers and campers of all ages who were on last year’s Junior or Senior camp are encouraged to apply, with applications closing on the first Monday of each month. Get in before 2 March – we’d love to support you.
To help Senior Campers follow Jesus after camp the CE Network is excited to be partnering with Access the Story to pilot a new initiative – “SEQUEL“.
Senior CE Camp will invite campers to be involved in an easy-access 3 month process which will see them take the next step in following Jesus which will encourage them to go deeper into God’s story through a range of clips, coaching sessions and a retreat.
Volunteers will be screened and trained so they are well prepared to be a coach, “one who carries another through”. Find out more about the role of coaches, or sign up as a coach.
Click below to find out more.