Beliefs. Why do we act?
The core beliefs below shape the actions of those committed to CE.
- The existence of God as living and loving creator of the universe.
- The authority of Jesus Christ as Lord, Saviour and Judge.
- The presence of God in His people through the Holy Spirit.
- The mandate of Christians to participate in the mission of God.
- The good news of salvation through faith in Christ alone.
- The unity of Christians through the Spirit as the body of Christ.
- The authority of the Bible in all matters of faith and practice.
These beliefs are informed by Christian belief which has been recorded in the Apostle’s creed for over 2000 years.
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.