We know that it’s hard to follow Jesus alone. That’s why if you become a Christian, or live in the country, or simply want to pursue more of God after camp, CE wants to connect you with a coach.
Together you will engage in God’s story for 3 months after camp – through videos, worksheets, coaching sessions, and then close it all out with a weekend retreat.
Last year we linked 20+ campers and volunteers using Access the Story’s SEQUEL. We hope that in 2017 more campers will sign up as you choose to start the year off sinking into God’s story.
What participants have said –
“God’s story is more complex than I realised.” Leigh
“There were lots of questions that I had. It’s been really enlightening. It’s really helped me understand some of the stories and how God felt in some of those stories.” Chelsea
“It was really helpful to get into a pattern of reading my bible, which I was struggling with before.” Sam
“I’ve always known it, deep down, but I’ve just rediscovered the importance of having a relationship and taking that time. He’s amazing… He’s really there!” Sarah
“I’ve loved being brought back to engaging with God’s word as a story.” Tim
The CE State Board is sponsoring campers and leaders $50 towards the cost of SEQUEL if they –
- are from the country (150km+ away from Mount Barker) OR
- show financial need (tell us before 30 January, in 200 words or less, why $50 sponsorship would help you, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your $50 sponsorship has been approved simple pay $50 less of the total cost for Sequel and CE will cover the rest.
Sonja is an emerging leader from Naracoorte.
We’re going to encourage her by helping her be equipped for ministry.
The CE Network was happy to support Sonja by giving a $100 grant. Find out why here.
Volunteers and campers of all ages who were on last year’s Junior or Senior camp are encouraged to apply, with applications closing on the first Monday of each month. Get in before 1 August for the next one – we’d love to support you.
Past, present and future volunteers are invited to celebrate Christian Endeavour in SA at the CE Launch, Thursday, 28 July at Grace Kensington (formally St Matt’s). Gather at 6pm for a shared meal (provided) and stay on to:
- pray, worship & hear testimonies
- honour long term volunteers
- grab camp promo
- sign up for another year
- hear how we can support you
- learn what’s new
It will be a great chance to introduce future leaders to the CE community so please consider inviting over 18’s who have a passion for children’s or youth ministry, including developing leaders.
For catering purposes please rsvp to email@example.com or click ‘going’ on the facebook event by Monday 25 July.
Generations impacted by CE gathered to rejoice in God’s goodness at the Annual General Meeting on 14 May, 2016.
Together we praised God for his faithfulness for once again using Junior and Senior Camp to show more of Himself to the next generation.
Theres Bertram, Nick van Ruth and Amy Chesser were welcomed onto the State Board – an answer to many prayers. Their arrival is all in God’s perfect timing as the Board begins to answer the question of CE’s role within SA.
Prayers for the children and young people of today to know Jesus, and to go where he goes, closed out our time together.
Find out more in the 2015-16 Annual Reports here.
Guy is working alongside others in Victor Harbor to set up a new camp for primary aged children.
We’re going to help them!
The CE Network was happy to support Guy by giving a $100 grant. Find out why here.
Volunteers and campers of all ages who were on last year’s Junior or Senior camp are encouraged to apply, with applications closing on the first Monday of each month. Get in before 6 June for the next one – we’d love to support you.
We love that over 20 CE-ers spent the first 3 months of the year sinking into God’s story through AccesstheStory‘s Sequel.
People from Arno Bay, the South East and interstate (oh, and Adelaide!) stepped – sat – walked – and spoke out God’s story through mixed media, coaching sessions and a retreat.
Pray with us. Ask God to –
- keep filling people with a hunger to know more of Him
- encourage people to go where Jesus goes … as they discover just where that is while reading His story
- bless AccesstheStory as they invite people to engage with a God who loves them
Hear what the participants and coaches have to say.
And start thinking about whether that’s how you want to start 2017.
If you’re passion about CE and want to have a voice in decisions become a member – and do it before our upcoming Annual General Meeting so you can vote!
Saturday 14 May
9:45 – 11:30am
Grace Kensington (previously St Matt’s)
146 Kensington Rd, Marraytville
Together we will celebrate what God has done in and through CE during 2015, and look to the future.
As a member you play an important role in the running of CE and by joining us at our AGM you –
- protect the vision, beliefs and practices CE
- make informed decisions about finances, legalities and the governing process
- select board members who guide the direction of CE
To renew your membership for 2016 please be prepared to pay your membership fee, either in cash on the day or for alternative methods contact us.
Please rsvp by Wednesday 11 May for catering purposes.
We look forward to you joining us to share the stories of how God continues to impact generations for His glory.
Melissa is heading off to the Sequel retreat, and has got a 1200km round trip to get there and back.
We’re going to help them!
The CE Network was happy to support Melissa by giving a $100 grant. Find out why here.
Volunteers and campers of all ages who were on last year’s Junior or Senior camp are encouraged to apply, with applications closing on the first Monday of each month. Get in before 2 May for the next one – we’d love to support you.
As a Pastoral Care Worker Nicole was asked to complete a 2 day course on Counselling, run by Tim Dansie Pyschology. The course equipped her to further support students through grief, trauma and social development.
Nicole move to Naracoorte just over 2 years ago and is currently:
- the Primary Support Worker at Naracoorte North Primary School
- the Youth Pastor at the Uniting Church
- co-ordinates a team of people for Kids’ Alive, a kids club
- the Director of the South East Regional Youth Gatherings
- team member at the South Easter Regional Easter Camp
- led on her fourth Senior Camp, and in 2016 volunteered on Junior Camp for the first time
Nicole clearly loves God, and listens when he speaks, because even thought she isn’t keen on study she has complete a Certificate 4 in Youth Work through Tabor College, and is studying a Bachelor of Ministry through Uniting College of Leadership and Theology.
During 2013 I participated in the Country Focus project to the South East. During this experience I clearly understood that God was definitely calling me to the country. I moved away from home – my church, my friends, my study, my family – to follow Jesus more deeply and be obedient to the call God has placed on my life.
God used CE camp to show me country youth ministry as a possibility and God has used the CE community to sustain and support me through the last 2 years of my ministry.
We love that CE has helped Nicole to go where Jesus goes, even if it means leaving family, friends and church behind. And we know that God will continue to use Nicole to be love and light, because where He goes she follows.
It’s pretty obvious to us that the skills Nicole gained at the counselling course will be used in wide range of places and will benefit a range of people. We like that. At her course she –
- learnt about a model of counselling and listening to people which empowers the individual to find their own answers in the supportive environment
- practised these skills with others, gaining confidence
- was encouraged as she gathered with others who work in counselling, wellbeing and support staff roles around the state
If you are a PCW, or have a role in a school with young people, this course was really helpful in helping provide knowledge and develop confidence in how you relate to people and what you ask and listen to during a pastoral conversation.
The CE scholarship made it possible for me to gain extra skills which will help me in lifelong service and ministry to young people and those who need pastoral care. I would encourage others to apply because you are developing skills which will not only benefit yourself but also those you come into contact with.
Pray with us. That God would:
- bless Nicole with meaningful conversations with the young people she connects with through school, camps, kids club and youth group
- renew the young people in and through what Nicole shares with them
- continue to grow Nicole’s pastoral care skills
- keep building a team around Nicole’s ministry so that she has the support and energy to continue to put His love into action throughout her community
CE is sponsoring Senior campers and volunteers who sign up for Access the Story’s Sequel. Find out more about Sequel here.
- We want campers to continue their journey with Jesus by moving through God’s story
- We want to see volunteers walk alongside campers for 3 months of coaching
- Following Jesus isn’t meant to be done alone, and we know Sequel can encourage those who often miss out on Christian community – especially country campers and those from small churches
- We want to honour and give recognition to the time and energy volunteers give to campers through coaching
What do you invest?
- 3 months of your time (weekly clip + worksheet / 2 face-to-face coaching sessions / weekend retreat)
- Campers $200
- Volunteers $150
What sponsorship is available?
The CE State Board will contribute to the cost of Sequel for:
- any country camper wanting to sign up ($50 each)
- up to 10 campers who find themselves without and let us know in 50 words or less – maybe they’re without money or without community (eg from a small church with no youth group) ($50 each)
- up to 10 volunteers who tell us in 50 words or less why they want to be a coach and why the money will help ($50 each)
Contact us with questions.